Sunday, June 15, 2008

WTF - The Target Uniform

Okay, another moment I just had to share...

If I asked anyone what the employees at Target wear as their uniform, they would answer khaki pants and red shirts. It doesn't matter what type or brand of pants or if the red shirt is a sweater or polo or t-shirt. It just has to be tan and red. Seriously I think everyone on Earth knows this. I know all of you, at one time in your life, have looked at yourself in the mirror after putting on a tan/red outfit and said, I look like I work at Target, and then go and immediately change. And, if you don't change for whatever reason, people tease you saying that it looks like you're heading to your shift at Target. People know the uniform and associate red and tan with Target...or so I thought...maybe it's just me.

So, I'm at Target Saturday night for no reason at all other than to spend some money and kill some time. When you are looking to do those two things (especially spend money), Target is definitely in the top five locations to do so. I'm standing in the woman's clothing area sorting through my cart when a woman comes up to me and asks "do you work here."

All of what I typed above came to my mind...is this woman an idiot? I'm wearing black pants and a blue shirt not red and tan.

5 comments:

Seth & Jill said...

That's hilarious! Perhaps you had this lackadaisical, indifferent attitude that made her believe you were actually pissed off to be working for $2.50/hr.

Anonymous said...

What closet has this woman been living in? Although if you had been wearing khaki pants, she could have legitimately thought you worked at Walmart.

-DBS

ilovecarbs said...

Just randomly found this post. My boyfriend was asked the same thing a week ago. He was walking around in the music section, talking on his cellphone, wearing jeans, and a black shirt.... and some guy asked him if he worked there. What the hell, right? haha.

Anonymous said...

I work at Target and you would be surprised (or perhaps not) to see people on their cellphone saying "I'm in walmart right now" or saying to themselves "ok this is Walmart, oh i mean Target." when wrighting a check. People are so dumb that they try and return a walmart item in the walmart bag, and then they are informed that the store they have just walked into is Target and they are still surprised. How dumb can you get? Seriously. The two stores really couldnt be more different.

By the way, Seth & Jill I don't apprecite the social ignorance that is displayed in your comment. People who work in retail are like everyone else and we deserve the same amount of respect. And besides next time you walk into a Target store take a look around we are generally hard working and happy to be there.

Anonymous said...

maybe she was thinking of walmart but even their pants are tan. Wow what an idiot-d.carmen